A certification question

Method

Limp Gawd
I have currently been employed at the same company for most of my professional life. I do some top level desktop escalations as well as low level system admin functions. I have not had a need to get certifications since I hadnt planned on leaving. I do not have a college education and being a single parent that is not really a option to go back right now. I have about 7 years IT experience from helpdesk to what I do now. I have the basics. A+, Net+, XP MCP and 2 expired Altiris certs. The company is being bought out and we have basically been told we have about 6-12 months to have a job and then we will be paid a healthy severance and put on our way. I would like to set myself up to move into a full time Jr Admin position. I dont have endless supplies of time and money to throw into certs so i would like to be selective in what I do. I think I have a good resume with good measurable experience and now would like to add some things to at least get me some interviews when I need them. A MCSA would require the least bit of work for me since I use it daily. Keep in mind I will still be working my full time job as well as a part time and taking care of 3 children so least bit of work has its definite benefits. I am also considering the new low level Cisco cert for the same reason but it is hard for me to justify that when I know with just a bit of work I could go ahead and get a CCNA. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks

Back