I'd really appreciate some advice guys. I'm kinda in a bad spot. I've been working for myself for the last few years selling art, but unfortunately due to reasons beyond my control, have to find a different job.
So I was wondering about A+ Certification? I've been building computers for more than 10 years as a hobby, for friends, colleagues, etc... I was looking at a couple A+ books yesterday and found that I was actually familiar with most of the material I came across. I don't think it would be that difficult to get certified with a little bit of studying. Would it be realistic to expect to land a job with only A+ Certification and the limited hands on experience I presently have? Or would I be considered a clueless hack? Do you guys know anywhere that would hire me with my type of experience? Is it worth getting certified? If anyone would have any advice they could share with me I'd really appreciate it. I'm returning to school this summer after stupidly having been away for years
But it will take me at least 2 years to finish a Comp Science degree.
I just don't want to be flipping burgers until I finish my degree.
So I was wondering about A+ Certification? I've been building computers for more than 10 years as a hobby, for friends, colleagues, etc... I was looking at a couple A+ books yesterday and found that I was actually familiar with most of the material I came across. I don't think it would be that difficult to get certified with a little bit of studying. Would it be realistic to expect to land a job with only A+ Certification and the limited hands on experience I presently have? Or would I be considered a clueless hack? Do you guys know anywhere that would hire me with my type of experience? Is it worth getting certified? If anyone would have any advice they could share with me I'd really appreciate it. I'm returning to school this summer after stupidly having been away for years
I just don't want to be flipping burgers until I finish my degree.