• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

A better upgrade path

XPEH

n00b
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
5
Hello guys,

I'm planning on getting a new hardware while I have some cash available :D
Which upgrade path do you think will give me a better performance boost in games ?

My current system is:

P4 2.6 @ 3.25 (FSB 667, PAT: Enabled, 1Gb OCZ Platinum rev.2 RAM)
Abit IS7 mobo
Radeon 9800Pro

So, I could buy either:

1. GeForce 6800GT and keep my current system

or

2. AMD64 3000+ (overclock to 3500+ speed) and Neo2 Platinum mobo (geForce3 Ultra chipset) and keep my current video card.

Right now I'm leaning more towards buying a new video card, because 6800GT is a much better card compared to 9800PRO. Hell, even my TI 4600 is better in CS 1.6 than Radeon. LOL


Thank you

Best regards...
 
XPEH said:
Hello guys,

I'm planning on getting a new hardware while I have some cash available :D
Which upgrade path do you think will give me a better performance boost in games ?

My current system is:

P4 2.6 @ 3.25 (FSB 667, PAT: Enabled, 1Gb OCZ Platinum rev.2 RAM)
Abit IS7 mobo
Radeon 9800Pro

So, I could buy either:

1. GeForce 6800GT and keep my current system

or

2. AMD64 3000+ (overclock to 3500+ speed) and Neo2 Platinum mobo (geForce3 Ultra chipset) and keep my current video card.

Right now I'm leaning more towards buying a new video card, because 6800GT is a much better card compared to 9800PRO. Hell, even my TI 4600 is better in CS 1.6 than Radeon. LOL


Thank you

Best regards...


Definitely #1. Your current system is fast enough as it is, and having new cpu/mobo won't really boost your 9800 that much more. The 6800 will blast away.
 
Back
Top