A bad cpu?

Bbq

King of Charts
Expanded from this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1327398

Initially I thought the problems were with the video card; someone suggested occt, and then the problems really began..

cpu at stock speed / volts; nothing overclocked, everything cooled well. OCCT crashes usually after 1 minute, with error code 1 or 4. Could it be a bad cpu, or should I look elsewhere?

Specs:
Intel E4300
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Visiontek 4850
2x1gb OCZ Gold PC6400
Silverstone ST50EF+
4x hdd
Scythe Infinity cpu cooler

Temps:
both cores usually idle around 37c, load around 45c. GPU is usually 63 idle, 66 load.

Thanks.

Replaced it with an E8400 and....

it's a bit more stable. occt doesn't fail for TWO entire hours. stock speeds + volts.

any other suggestions?

Just get a new motherboard. your problems will be solved more than likely =[

PSU issue maybe? Since you've ruled out CPU, mobo, and RAM, it seems to be the most likely culprit.

Don't think it's the psu; it's not like it's underpowered in any way, it's a solid manufacturer, and it's also multimetering out properly.

Hey,It could be a number of things run memtest,prime 95,benchmarks and use some of the free utility software out there on the market and also you can try the Everest Ultimate Edition and see what happens.:)
Good Day

I have had a bad CPU. A q6600. Over a span of a week it took more and more volts to keep it even at stock speed stable.

check the pins on your CPU socket.

Single stick of ram: Yes, Same issues. Tried it in all slots and all sticks.

Computer stress: Tried it; nothing ever comes up, usually this happens when it's sitting on the desktop.

Bad cpu: Brand new cpu. Pins are fine.

Back