• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

-999 steps?

ritchan

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
84
Sometimes, after playing a game and running the GPU3 client at the same time, or changing the GPU frequency, I find that the progress steps aren't exactly ...000 anymore. For instance:

[00:47:33] Completed 31500000 out of 50000000 steps (63%).
[00:48:49] Completed 32000000 out of 50000000 steps (64%).
[00:50:04] Completed 32499999 out of 50000000 steps (65%).
[00:51:18] Completed 32999999 out of 50000000 steps (66%).
[00:52:33] Completed 33499999 out of 50000000 steps (67%).

Is this anything to worry about?
 
Stanford says you shouldn't change clocks while folding is running. Just so ya know.
 
Stanford says you shouldn't change clocks while folding is running. Just so ya know.

This...I think all you are doing is risking return false/corrupt data...That WU then has to be resent for processing again...I seem people on FF say it is to "pause" the client, make your changes, then "resume" folding..

 
Mine has done it when not changing clocks so I don't think that's the only reason it happens.
 
Back
Top