9900K oc and whea question.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi.
Hello. I am getting WHEA logger 19 , when running RealBench and sometimes on idle.
Cpu is 9900K oced to 5ghz in uefi . I used 5G Oc profile 1 click.
2x16 GB DDR4 3000MHZ GSKILL.XMP enabled.

Cpu Core/ Cache Voltage in Uefi is 0.932v ( auto )
CPU VCCIO Voltage is 1.312 ( auto )

What voltage should i change?

cu.jpg

I bumped this Cpu Core/ Cache Voltage to 1.290 and whea logger appear after 20 min. So i bumped to 1.310 and test again.
Anyway why it was on auto 0.950? I saw too on maximus asus motherboard from youtube review.

Cpu cooler Noctua NH-D15. Temps are 88-90C peak after 20 min.

I would keep the cache voltage on Auto. You shouldn't need to bump it up with 3000 MT/s memory unless you're also overclocking the memory.

What motherboard are you using? Does the G.SKILL configurator say that motherboard supports their 16GB memory modules?

Why are you hiding the rest of your voltage settings in your screenshot?

Yes memory support my mobo. Its screen from internet just to show that option. I bump core voltage to 1.31v and no wheas. So stick with that?

Yes memory support my mobo. Its screen from internet just to show that option. I bump core voltage to 1.31v and no wheas. So stick with that?
If you're stable at that voltage and you're not thermal limited then I would keep it. My 9900K needed 1.34V to be stable at 5 GHz and it runs a little too hot for my taste. I think I'm going to back it down to 4.9 for the summer.

its working fine on 5ghz but on 1.31v manual. But i dont remember what was voltage on AUTO on 5G OC PROFILE. Maybe retest and check?

Ok i do it manually
So :

XMPI

Core Ratio: Sync All Cores i enter 50

LOAD LINE CALIBRATION LEVEL 6

Cpu Core Voltage Override 1.300

Long Duration Package Power Limit 4095

Package Power Time Window 127

Short Duration Package Power Limit 4095

1.296v-1.305v in real bench :)

Back