99 Bottles of.....

(S)lave

n00b
Ever get that feeling somethings not quite
right? Like you "KNOW" deep down inside that there is more to be had.

Well I get that feeling everytime I hit that big gray button and hear my roommate complain from the other side of the house that he can't hear the T.V over my case fans.

Maybe in my jump from a 333Mz Celeron with the almighty Voodoo 3 PCI to a 2.6 P4 @ 3.2 with a 9800XT I was looking for too much?

I mean sure going from Quake GL running @ 800x600 to UT2004 with Full AA and AF @ 1600x1200 isn't something to cringe at.

But I can't help feel that something is a miss, That Something is holding my little beast back from ripping at through those FPS.

So here I am looking for the biggest bottle brush I can find to help me rid
my rig of all that bottles.

My spec:
Abit IC7-MAX3 @ 246 FSB
P4 2.6c @ 3.2 1.60volt with Areo 7+
31.5c @ Idle/50.5c @ Load
Room temp 20c/Sys temp 23c
1GB Corsair PC4000 Pro 2.8volt 3-8-4-4
(I know my FSB is below PC4000 spec but my system becomes unstable at 250)
Sapphire 9800XT @ stock no overdrive
Soundblaster Audgy 2 ZS Plat. Pro.
Thermaltake Silent purepower 480Watt
160GB Matrox SATA
Liteon 52x32x52x
Liteon 16x DVD-Rom
5x 80mm case fans

Like I said maybe it's just me but that's holding me back?

Maybe getting some good headphones, a good mouse, keyboard etc... would help improve the gaming experiance.

SP-97, watercooling, or vapochill, vapochill being a VERY expensive alternative, but will get you the quickets overclock.

(S)lave said:
Well I get that feeling everytime I hit that big gray button and hear my roommate complain from the other side of the house that he can't hear the T.V over my case fans.
5x 80mm case fans

First thing I'd do is mod a nice 120mm blowhole into that case to keep the noise and temps down ;)

Sounds like a pretty sweet rig you've got yourself there though mate.

Back