• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

9800XT Settings for 3DMark03?

RuchG

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
118
Hi, I have a quick question, what are the optimal settings to use in the D3D and OpenGL tabs for the best possible 3DMark03 score? I have the omega 4.2 drivers.
 
I tried that on only the D3D side and my score dropped by more than 1000 marks...
 
Originally posted by RuchG
I tried that on only the D3D side and my score dropped by more than 1000 marks...
Check the two boxes which do stuff with antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. I've got a swedish version of the drivers, but they'll read something similar to "application specific".
 
Ahh ok thanks a lot, I had those unchecked. Score is now 6663 which isn't tooo bad hehe:)
 
Originally posted by NexusX
nice score...thats what i get using 640x480 with my 9500pro.:cool:

Heh, try turning it down to 320x200.....pretty funny if you ask me. Sure it looks like shit, but it DOES net me over 10,000 points. If that's what it takes then so be it. ;)
 
Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Heh, try turning it down to 320x200.....pretty funny if you ask me. Sure it looks like shit, but it DOES net me over 10,000 points. If that's what it takes then so be it. ;)

R O F L ... i have ran it 320x200 a long time ago. I scored 8000+ :D
 
Originally posted by RuchG
I should start overclocking mildly soon:)

Just be sure you know what you're getting into. I never planned for my addiction to progress this far but now there's nothing I can do about it. I swear there should be some kind of AA group for overclockers.

Not that I'd attend or anything. ;)
 
You want a score at 1024*768 with texture and mipmap details slid all the way to the right, AA and AF set to app pref. D3D settings of course.

That's the universal default everyone really goes by to get their score. Especially since you never would play a game with the texture and mipmap all the way to the left. And if you do that, it's really deceiveing if you don't disclose that with your score.

My desktop with a 9700pro gets 5000 in 3Dmark03 (not bad for card a 1 1/2 years old)
My laptop with a 9600non-pro gets 2400.
 
Originally posted by TimothyB
My desktop with a 9700pro gets 5000 in 3Dmark03 (not bad for card a 1 1/2 years old)

That things' still got some kick left in it.....but I'm sure you could get even more out of it if you really wanted to. ;) :D
 
yea , been playing around here with my 9500np (with softmod stuff) and finally got this box over 5500. Just run your test at the defaults .. dont want to go bragging .....

"hey you got 8000+ , let me see that!" at the next lan party...
 
Originally posted by Cele-CT
"hey you got 8000+ , let me see that!" at the next lan party...

Heh, sure.....you can see it.....but i never said you'd be able to tell WHAT it is. ;)
 
Back
Top