9800pro vs 6800

Escher

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
496
My current Dell (original blue XPS box) is being retired by my company in favor of a newer 8400 box. The only thing I care about is the video card because the application I help develop has a pretty kick ass 3D view to it. A couple of other guys around here got shafted with pieces of crap because the IT department is pretty clueless. Luckily I snagged this XPS box a few years back and was loving life witht he 9800pro.

Well the new machine will be here soon and it's got a GeForce 6800 256MB (non-GT I assume). Am I going to be happy with this new card compared to the 9800pro?

I haven't used an nVidia product since the GF3 days and with a x800xtPE at home, I've been pretty saturated in ATI-land for awhile ....

Thanks!
 
The 6800 is both faster and more feature-rich than the 9800Pro, so it should be fine.
It's also more feature-rich than the X800XTPE :)
 
6800 > 6600GT > 9800 Pro > 6600

I guess it depends on how much you turn everything up. It's *technically* better.
 
the 6800 is going to smoke the 9800 you had.

also like the others said it supports more features like pixel shader 3.0
ati can only do 2.0

so yea.. you shoudl be happy.

also new nvidia drivers are supposed to come out towards the end of this month so keep an eye out.
 
Back
Top