9800pro not booting!!!!!

BallerX

[H]ard|Gawd
ok guys i just went to best buy and bought a BBati 9800pro. the very first thing i did was remove the nvidia display drivers from add remove programs then i used driver cleaner and removed and nvidia junk that was left over. i unplugged my computer from the internet and rebooted per the instructions in driver cleaner's readme. it also said to install the drivers in safe mode but that wont work. so i installed the 4.6cats normally. the comp boots with no drivers and in safe mode. but whenever i install any driver either the 4.6cats or the one on the disk it wont boot. it either throws up a nice crap looking blue screen with some white pixel garbel. or it reboots all together....... PLZ HELP ME!!!!!! i want to use this card but every time i buy something ATI it never friggin works right!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!!!!!! :confused:

wtf??? no one can help me???? plz i have tried everything... turned of fast writes agp is set to 66mhz.... i just dont know what the heck could be the problem. :mad:

BallerX said:
wtf??? no one can help me???? plz i have tried everything... turned of fast writes agp is set to 66mhz.... i just dont know what the heck could be the problem. :mad:

Good lord that is odd. Have you tried getting another card? Sounds like hardware to me, but you say it happens after driver install.... Try omega drivers at http://www.omegacorner.net

Good luck.

i finally got it working. i knew it was a driver issue but i couldnt pin it down. i checked around and found some cab files that where still left over and that got it. its plenty fast. i think it will keep me satisfied.

Back