• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

9800Pro 256MB memory type?

evilally

n00b
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
21
I was curious as to what kind of memory these cards used. Some have said that it uses the same memory as the FX5800. This was because Nvidia's card was taken out of production because of its failure, and ATI got the memory chips instead. I have read other websites that suggest that the cards do indeed come with Samsung 2.2ns memory. Surely this makes for some ludicrous overclocking? By my calculation, 910Mhz at their rated speed before any "overclocking" has taken place!

I'm waiting delivery on one that I bought cheap on Ebay, and I wondered what kind of speeds you guys are hitting?
 
they use DDR2

but keep in mind DDR2 runs hotter then DDR and its latencies are higher as well
 
Sorry, I should have made it a bit clearer. I know they use DDR2, but I was wondering what the actual modules are. Having read around a bit more, most review sites are hitting about 740/750 on the memory. If they are really 2.2ns modules, shouldn't they be clocking higher than that?
 
Back
Top