9800gtx+ Superclocked Edition Problems.

Jimrob25

Weaksauce
Alright, I posted a while back about having trouble with my videocard overheating when ever I play games. I downloaded eVga Precision and pretty much "un-clocked" it back to regular Core/Shader clocks. It worked wonderful for a while and it gradually began to get worse again. When this happened, I would continue to up my fanspeed through the same application (precision) and it would seem to help a bit.

Now I am at about 95% Fan speed and its getting up in the 50's again and it will randomly make my freeze when I am in game for about 15-20 second intervals. (sounds loops, while the pc is completely frozen.) Is there anything else I can do, besides up'ing my fan speed to maximum power?

Thanks for the responses in advance guys.

Your saying that your card freezes up when it gets in the 50C region? My 8800GTX ran idle at like 70C so I dont really think that temp would cause your card to freeze up. Those GPU's are able to get quite hot. I would RMA that card if you can.

Well i only assumed it was the card, not 100% positive that is what it is.

When I have it in the 30-40 range, it usually doesn't do this. Maybe I just catch it in awkward times?

50C for a GPU is nothing. If it cant handle that, its definitely needs to be rma'd.

No, not your CPU temp, the GPU temp on your vid card. Make sure your referring to your vid card temp as the CPU temp would have no effect on your card having problems, at least not at 50C.

My videocard temperature never exceed 48 degrees, and I did some test on the processor and it wouldn't ever exceed 50 degrees. Count this be a ram issue?

50C for a GPU is nothing. If it cant handle that, its definitely needs to be rma'd.

I agree, RMA it if you can. 50C is nothing, probably a dud GPU or graphics card memory

Last edited:
Back