9800GTX Prices?

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I was looking at 9800GTX cards for folding a couple weeks ago, they were right in about $200 a pop. Now they've roared back up to an unreasonable $300 at Newegg. Gaming-wise the 4870 smokes it an it's $300. What is nVidia thinking?

There's an XFX model for 220 that i see at newegg, but you're right they did jump back up to their old prices. The 8800GTS 512's jumped too, they just a few bucks cheaper, making the 8800GT an even better deal. ZZF has a 9800GTX for 190.

So it appears that nvidia isn't wanting to sell many high end cards, or at least newegg doesn't want ot sell the cards for them.

I'm getting a 4850 now :mad:

Just get me that new GPU2 client so I can see what the card can do and I'll click buy!

As far as I'm concerned, it just means more sales for Ati and they deserve it. Newegg prices are automatically adjusted based on demand. If there is a sudden jump in sales of a particular product or range of products, their pricing algorithm will adjust it accordingly higher. The price increases indicate a shift towards higher demand. Why would that happen I wonder... ;)

Back