9800GTX/9800GX2 width?

Living Weapon

Limp Gawd
I'm modding the Shuttle in my sig to take a double-width card in the near future (maybe a 10 series if nvidia will hurry up :D), but I'm finding claims of 3.2 - 3.8cm wide on various forums (which matters in my SFF rig). Could somebody please measure their 9800GTX card, or better still GX2 card, and post the width for me? On a GX2 card, I'd need to know the distance from the PCIe card edge to the top of the 2nd slot cooler shroud - sorry if that's a pain.

The Shuttle already has 2 PCIe slots - I'm keeping one of the 8800GT cards because I have 3 monitors. Basically, I want to keep my PSU horizontal and upside down, so the PSU fan is pulling heat off the MB chipset - and more importantly, leaves room in the top of the case for my 120mm blow-hole, but I think the case is about 3/16" too narrow for that arrangement :mad:

I'm starting to look at PCIe risers - but that's just madness :sparta:

Thanks!

Never mind - I just ordered a GX2 from the Egg - I'll measure it and post the numbers (I see a lot of reads, so apparently ppl are curious ;))

Let's see if I get it tomorrow from Edison - that $3.99 rush checkbox has got to be the sweetest deal ever.

- that $3.99 rush checkbox has got to be the sweetest deal ever.
...except when your GX2 ships from Memphis - I'll get it Thursday :(

Oh well, as long as I have it for the weekend I can wrap up the modding and get back to pwning n00bs.

Back