• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

9800 pro

You have a very decent rig so you'll be able to get good results with your new 9800 pro.
 
Most can hit 9800XT speeds no prob

edit - i had someone volt mod my 9800np, if your interested, he would do it, could probably get 500/400 or so out of your card. (for $$$ of course :p)
 
do you think i should add another 512 ram cause in nfsu it lags a tad not anything major just once in a while does anyone else have this?
 
ah just go play games with it. overclocking an already ridiculously awesome video card is like having a million dollars but turning it down for million dollars and a nickel.

wait a few years when a 9800 pro is "old trusty"
 
I volt modded my 9800NP Added VGA silencer, OCZ ramsinks, and Flashed it to an XT bios today....running @ 497\353... You should get the same on the Core and higher on the Ram than I do ..I have cheap infineon Ram !!! Good luck !!
 
you should be fine i don't know why you even question it. you can add another 512mb and run dual channel would help ALLOT! especially if your mobo supports 800mhz FSB and dual channel DDR400.
 
If you want to save cpu cycles and memory...assuming you are running windows xp. You can shut off services running in the backround you don't even need or know are running. I would recommend this website

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,24330,3363639,00.html

Black Viper's website does an extensive overview of what each service is and if you need it. I saved up allot of cpu cycles and memory from shutting off un-used memory hogging xp services. Give this a try.
 
Back
Top