9800 pro to gf 6800....should i do it????

carreragtr

n00b
hi
iam thinking of upgrading from my 9800pro to gf 6800non gt or gt. i can get non gt easily at a good price.is it woth it? i play hl2, mohpa,tw2005,farcry,ut2004,ut2003,doom3 mostly and also some other older titles. but i guess either can handle older ones without a sweat. what should i do? i know gt is way above my card but what about non gt with 12 pipes? is there a working 12-16mod?

If you can't afford it now, wait, save, and go for the GT. The average person won't upgrade their vid card often so you might as well get the best you can afford.

The 9800pro is still a good card and can play most games 1280x960 with 2xaa/af. Personall I would wait for the next generation of cards to come out.

Using RivaTuner, you can unlock the extra 4 pipes and extra 1 shader...but only if they are functional...there is no guarentee but it's highly likely you'll get them.

Go for the GT, it is worth it......Atleast for me since I play games at 1920x1200

Upgrade to a 6800GT. Many of today's 6800NU's with 12pipes have been hardware masked, and can't be unmasked...only soldered. My pick would be the 6800GT....or if you can wait you can get a X800XL for $100 cheaper than a GT for the same performance and PCI-E.

Going from 9800 Pro to 6800 is a decent jump, but not really worth the money. You are better off going for the 6800 GT, even if you have to wait... I did, and it was a HUGE performance jump.

i went from 9800 pro --> 6800 GT and it made a huge difference......in the lightness of my wallet. it also happened to be much faster too

I went from a 9800 Pro to a Evga 6800 at a phenominal price. It was so worth the jump. The 6800 is leaps and bounds over the 9800pro. The GT Rocks, but i didnt have the extra cash for that at the time, but you wont be dissapointed.

Justin

Every leadtek 6800gt that i've seen has through a simple bios flash been converted to an ultra successfully, flashing a 6800nu has about a 30% chance of enabling the extras....

WEZ said:
Every leadtek 6800gt that i've seen has through a simple bios flash been converted to an ultra successfully, flashing a 6800nu has about a 30% chance of enabling the extras....

I have the leadtek 6800GT and have been looking for others that have the same card but thus far to no avail. Where are people posting about them? I'd love to see the results of other leadtek owners...

Back