9800 pro question

It only requires one PS connection and it has a passthrough so you don't have to terminate the line from the PS on the card.

As for having enough power, I can't speak to the quality of that particular PS but I would think you will be OK with a 400 W PS so long as it performs as it claims.
 
The wattage is definately okay, but i think the brand is crap. You would probably lose it in 3 months or so. I would say an Antec 350Watt ps would be suffiecient enough.
 
Originally posted by jbrock31
The wattage is definately okay, but i think the brand is crap. You would probably lose it in 3 months or so. I would say an Antec 350Watt ps would be suffiecient enough.
Plenty. My Antec 350 is running:

P4 1.6a@ 2GHz
Radeon 9800 pro
768MB RDRAM
3 case fans
2 optical drives
2 7200RPM hard drives
sound card, NIC, IDE controller card.

Not a hitch. Get a good Antec/Enermax, no name PSUs totally blow.
 
well im not sure if its plenty because i have an ALLIED-AL350ATX right now which claims to be 350w but is actually 300 and is total shit, but i only have 10 bucks so i dont know D:
 
Back
Top