• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9800 Pro and component video output?

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
493
I'm setting up a computer in my room to work as a HTPC. I have a 9800 Pro and a TV with component input. I found a DVI to Component cable that I would like to use to connect my computer to tv. The site has this message: (*)The Cable Not Support your Computer Monitor Video Port, or Y , Cr, Cb Video. Your Video Source Must Provide a YpbPr Component Video Signal form the DVI-I Video Ports to Use Cable. Does that mean I can't use it with my 9800 pro? If I can't, I'll use the svideo cable I picked up at good will for $1.5.[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font][/font]
 
My card has s-video out, doesnt yours? You can try that as a means of outputting to your tv
 
I do have svideo out. I'm just wanting to try this DVI to Component cable instead. I'm just not sure if it would work because of that message on the website.
 
Then search for another video cable that meets your needs. Goto a local electronics store and see if they have anything similiar.
 
Are you sure your card doesn't support component output already? ATI cards have a dongle that hooks into the s-video to provide component out. My X800 has it and im pretty sure my 9800Pro did.
 
Devnull said:
Are you sure your card doesn't support component output already? ATI cards have a dongle that hooks into the s-video to provide component out. My X800 has it and im pretty sure my 9800Pro did.
That it does/did but he wants to go DVI out.
 
The DVI to component cable IS compatible with the 9800PRO, so go ahead and get it.

BTW, I wouldn't suggest using S-Video to output to your TV unless you enjoy 640x480. :p
 
Back
Top