9800 Pro AA and AF help?

bananaRAM

n00b
I just installedRadeon 9800 Pro 128M card (upgraded from a Geforce 2 64M card).

I just downloaded the latest Cat 3.10 driver. My question is:

When I change the settings in the 3D tab (the AA and AF) I see no difference. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried setting all the sliders to quality, and tried custom settings, and still I don't see the AA and AF taking effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what is TRUFORM? I'm not familiar with ATi cards, so I'm not sure if it should be on or off (currently off).

Thanks in advance!

true form is a way of blending polygons together for a much smoother model, however if the game doesn't support it the results can be funky and often hilarious. In games that support it, however, the results are very pleasing.

Its a rather unused technology though, haven't seen it to much lately, think they keep it on for spiffy factor.

id say turn it off though.

Not sure if this is the case, but I was using quake 3 as my grounds on testing the AA and AF (it's the game I'm most familiar with)...

Now on my GF2, I could distinctly tell the difference on the AA and AF settings.

With the Radeon, I don't see AA and AF on at all... would the Radeon not affect this game? I just tried UT2k3, and the game looks amazing. But I don't have screenshots from when I was running my GF2 to compare with the ones I just took.

Anybody got any info for me?

(edit: I went in and turned the AA and AF down, doesn't look any different. i'm definitely missing something) :(

make sure you set the right settings for the game, directx for d3d, ogl for ogl.

Thanks sojuuk...

At closer inspection, it seems I am seeing a difference in my UT2k3 shots... but still can't get any AA/AF to work with Q3.

Is it possible ATi's functions don't work for that old of a game?

they used to have problems with cs/halflife

id assume that by now theyd have noticed that. maybe not though. oh well, if it don't work don't play it ;)

Back