9800 GT problem - texture stretching?

Agent_N

Gawd
I noticed that my video card started doing this and some other weird things. Any guesses as to what might be the cause? I'm using a XFX 9800GT 512MB.

texture%20artifacting%20in%20HL2.JPG

Using 257.15 beta drivers, was using 197.45's but still same problem. I have overclocked the shaders to 1836 for folding so I don't know it there is a specific setting that can cause this or if I just borked my card from overclocking too [H]ard for folding! I can supply some other pictures from different perspectives if necessary, but this one shows how bad it can get at certain times. Sometimes the stretching goes off into the distance. It can make for interesting battles when you can't see you enemy very well! This is from HL 2, it also happens in BFBC2 (usually worse in this game), haven't had it happen in Portal yet. It has also happened in Defense Grid: The Awakening (Steam indie game), but it doesn't affect game play like it does in FPS games. In BFBC2, the smoke on certain maps causes black cirlces around the targeting reticle, so sniping becomes a best guess shot.

Last edited:
Thanks for highlighting that the picture didn't work, I'm still figuring out how to use Dropbox.

Back