980 TI GPU 2 stuck in Pstate 2

and713

Weaksauce
I recently got a second 980 TI (same as first: EVGA Classified) to mine with and also to SLI with when appropriate. I normally mine on it while I game on the other GPU. I noticed that I am unable to get the clock to go over 3305, while GPU 1 is running at 4001. After researching I realized that GPU 2 is stuck in Pstate 2, a lower power state used for compute. The only way I've found to get the memory higher is to use Nvidia Inspector to manually overclock the P2 state, but then it maxes at 3725, and this is still less than ideal.

I tried going thru http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/nvidia-force-power-state/. Was fun re-learning how to navigate using DOS but manually changing the clock speeds was rejected as not having administrator permissions. I'm the only user.

Any ideas?

P.S. Using MSI Afterburner to OC.

open a command prompt as admin and try again. check under the NV control panel that the compute option isn't enabled under 3d settings.

Dur, thank you, worked. Now to figure out what to mine since NiceHash got hacked today, RIP 70 bucks.

glad you got it sorted but which worked? in case someone else has the issue...
shitty about the loss though!

The compute option thing didn't do anything, the manual run as admin on the command prompt did, but the setting doesn't get saved. So every time the computer turns off it has to be manually re-configured, has to be a better way...

Back