• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9700Pro Registering as a 9800SE?

viceless

n00b
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
12
i bought a video card on ebay and it said it was a 9700Pro, but when i installed it, windows registered and installed it as a 9800SE. after downloading atitool it told me to softmod it to unlock the missing 4 pipelines so i could run as a 9800NP.

i decided to look on the internet and i found that other people are having the same problem, except their chipset is listed as r300 and mine is listed as r350, which is what the 9800Pro chipset is, isnt it? so whats going on, what card do i have!? :(

thanks for your help guys, heres a readout of my cards specs:



Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon 9800 SE (R350)
GPU Code Name R350
PCI Device 1002 / 4148
Transistors 117 million
Process Technology 0.15u
Bus Type AGP 8x
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 324 MHz (original: 325 MHz)
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 8
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 4 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 2592 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 2592 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 256-bit
Real Clock 290 MHz (DDR) (original: 290 MHz)
Effective Clock 580 MHz
Bandwidth 18560 MB/s

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:
Company Name ATI Technologies Inc.
Product Information http://www.ati.com/products/gamer.html
Driver Download http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
 
lol, i thought u got ripped off from ebay after reading the first sentence..

but accordin to ur spec, u got R350, 8pipes, 256bit, 325/290 so u don't have much to worry, but if i recall correctly 9700pro memory runs at 310mhz default tho.

u should have small white sticker on the card with model no R9700, etc.
 
Isn't the 9600pro cards R350 cores also. I would see if it was a softmodded 9600 card, I aint sure how to tell so I am not really being that much help, but I would check into it.
 
Diablo2K said:
Isn't the 9600pro cards R350 cores also. I would see if it was a softmodded 9600 card, I aint sure how to tell so I am not really being that much help, but I would check into it.
I doubt you can soft mod a 9600 series card to have a 256-bit bus.
 
Diablo2K said:
Isn't the 9600pro cards R350 cores also. I would see if it was a softmodded 9600 card, I aint sure how to tell so I am not really being that much help, but I would check into it.

No! ... The 9600 Pro use's the R( V )350 core, which is based on the 9700, and not the 9800. Also the 9600 XT use's a modified RV350 ( Low K maufacturing process is used )... It's name is RV360.

It's impossible to soft\hard mod the 9600 ( of any flavour ) in to an 9800, 9700 or 9500.
 
Back
Top