• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9700 pro: VPU not Responding to drivers

Mr. Jones

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
189
I have a 9700 pro ati build; The problem is that unless i go into safe networking the video card keeps rebooting my comp. I have a amd athlon 1 gig processor, with 256 pc133 ram (micron), wd 40 gig hdd, a7v-vm asus motherboard its an old HP setup. I am also having problems with my cdrw drive it is no longer working. But my main problem is my Vid card. Any suggestions would be good. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers i also completly removed the card blew it out and then reinstalled. But still same problems, thanks .
 
Did you install the 9700 recently or has it been in your computer for some time?
 
I had a similar problem, and it ended up being an overheating issue. Look at your fan/heatsink. Is it clogged with dust? If it is, then use some compressed air to get rid of it. My computer kept locking up when I installed the newest drivers, and I thought it was a software issue, but when I cleaned the card it worked just fine. Hope this helps.
 
Some say the 9700 Pro has an insufficient HS/FAN unit and any little dut buildup will cause overheating. Mine never does this because i always clean it out with air every like 3 months. Just make sure you give it a good vacuuming and get the shiznat out!
 
Everytime i ask a question here at hard i always get helped. This forum has to be the best place for real f****** gamers and some cool motherf*****. I really appreciate it. And by the way has anyone replaced the hsf on the vid card with any success.

Thanks
 
Back
Top