• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

960M help

  • Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

Guest
I have a laptop with a 960M in it. Its a Dell. When I got it today I did a fresh install of 10 to get rid of the bloatware. I installed the correct drivers from Nvidia, but now the computer won't use the 960M when I launch a game. Is there a setting somewhere I have to tick to get it to do it? It just wants to run off of the intel graphics even when in the game.

Thanks.
 
check Nvidia control panel and in Manage 3D settings you should be able to select the default graphics 3D accelerator device as Nvidia only instead of battery saving which tend to use only the CPU iGPU..
 
That would wreck my battery life though, won't it? Shouldn't it automatically switch? Any way to make it do that?
 
Don't know if you've go this sorted or not, but use the drivers from Dell support for your laptop, not from Nvidia, that will fix you up.
 
Back
Top