9600xt oc question

Blakk

Limp Gawd
I got this card from newegg for 150 bucks (no HL2)
Thats no prob i ll buy it later.
anyhow with the cat 4.1's I have it running at 597 core and 330 Mem.
its clocked at 500core and 300 mem stock.what im wondering is this normal. even the revie i read about the card did not get that high. http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1522
whats really perplexing me is that the temp seems to stay at 39 to 43c.

Is something wrong here what speeds have you guys gotten?

i have the smea card but oc'ed a little less i have mine at 575/330, so im sure that you could squeez more to what you are running, and it seems that the 96's run pretty cool mine runs at 34c under load, so id say yours is normal, and good temps for that big of an oc.

I have a gigabyte 9600xt, I dont see anything in my video control panel telling me my temp. Is this a add on program that you have?

dm

With my card, I had to flash the bios to get overdrive enabled. the overdive option in the cat4.1's display temps as well as clock speed.

hey on a sifde note. is it worth it to use omega drivers tith this card?

ok i knew that I needed to flash, but I didnt know it would be a feature after doing it.

I installed the 4.1s and they ran like crap so i went back to 3.10s

guess ill flash then run the 4.1 to see how that goes.

thanks
dm

thanks for the input. I flashed my bios lastnight and then installed the new 4.1 cat's everything is working great.

right now ive got it running at 575 / 675 @39c after playing 6 hours of EverQuest =)

thanks again
dm

how are u getting to 675? i am using the rage3d tweaker and it only goes to 575/650 ? help please.

using radeon tweeeker i got mine to 325 and 350 you always have to multiply ddr ram speed by 2 to get your true speed. I didnt want to post my TRUE speeds cause i thought yall would call me a liar. this card has been running at 597 core 350 ddr and at 39c for a few days now. stock cooling.

Running 560/385 here on a GeXcube Radeon 9600XT temps at 42c rock solid stable Its a pity the other 4 pipelines cant be had or the 9600XT would be one killer card for overclocking:eek:

Originally posted by tracerwilly
how are u getting to 675? i am using the rage3d tweaker and it only goes to 575/650 ? help please.

Well, I dont know about rage3d tweaker, but my Gigabyte card came with a overclocking program ( Gigabyte V-Tuner ) that looks like 2 speedometers. 1 is for core and the other is mem, I just set it at whatever speed I want.

dm

Back