• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9600XT + Iceberq mosfet

Mijae

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
95
I was going to put some of the mosfets that come with the iceberq package, and then I realized that they are twice as long as the ram on the video card, so my quesion is does it really matter? Or should I use my dremel to cut each mosfet to fit the ram perfectly? Or it doesnt matter if the mosfet is too long?

Also, I dont think copper is hard to dremel right? :p
 
first of all, they are ramsinks, mosfets are voltage regulators.
and the ramsinks that came with the iceberq are aluminum, not copper, and it dosnt matter if they are bigger...
but if they interfere with components on the card, then you could dremel the sinks, since i dont think its hard to dremel aluminum at all.
 
Originally posted by V0ltage
first of all, they are ramsinks, mosfets are voltage regulators.
and the ramsinks that came with the iceberq are aluminum, not copper, and it dosnt matter if they are bigger...
but if they interfere with components on the card, then you could dremel the sinks, since i dont think its hard to dremel aluminum at all.
Actually they have an Iceberq with all copper heatsinks and one with aluminum.
 
i thought the all copper one only had 2 sinks...
one with a fan and one without.
the iceberq 4 has some copper colored aluminum ramsinks.
 
Sorry about the mosfet/ramsink thing, I got it wrong :p And yes, I got 8 copper ramsinks.

I think I'll just stick them as they are...
 
Back
Top