• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9600xt half life 2 benchies?

Phranq

Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
842
Anyone know where I can find some? My friend wants to know how big of a difference between it and a 9800 pro...he needs a new graphics card now that he wants to play source and hl2 and stuff..
 
If it means anything I used to use a 9600XT on HL2 and CSS and it worked great, even with 512MB RAM and a P4 2.5.
 
he should get 60-100 fps at 1024x768 all settings medium, no aa/af
what cpu does he have?
 
well the 9600xt like everyone else says will run souce just great :p HL2 came bundles with some 9600xt's ya know :p
 
with this price of the 9800pro; I would think it is almost a no-brainer to go with the 9800pro over the 9600XT.

With my 9800 Pro, I was able to play CS:S and HL2 at 1280x960 with 40+ FPS. This was with an A64 3000+ though.
 
He just bought that 9800 pro...I have a refurb 9800 pro off newegg ($87 I couldn't say no!) he has a p4 3.(something ghz) and is about to add a second 512 for 1gb of RAM, should be fine on source and hl2...
 
lol.. I totally thought he already have the 9600xt..... that was why I recommened to use that instead of bying another card.... good choice..... the 9800pro at that price is a steal..
 
Yah, he was going to buy that when he asked me what to buy for $100 or less...but I showed him that and wanted to give him some benchmarks to compare.
 
well im playing with a new x800 xl and it's not a super card like i have every thing on high quality and some times 1600x1200 but now i play 1280X1040 and in aztec i get as low as 45 frames its crazy this game has hte biggest frame rate ranges so i think ur 9600xt will have to be on medium or so
 
Aztec blows..CS:S in general blows, I wish I got the framerates I got in HL2 in Source, CS:S and BF2 are bad resource users :p fun games though!
 
well in BF2 my frame rate is pretty steady 70 +/- 15 or so but man CS:S is a great engine it just needs a lil more work or so if i cant play super smoothly on aztec or office with a 1000 dollar computer that i just built. on on that note how the hell is half life 2 bundled with a 9600 xt thats crazy.....4 pipelined video card thats jsut awesome
 
Back
Top