• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9600GT frame problem

FRAGizm

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
473
I got a friend with a 650i with 9600GT, Q6700 , 4GB RAM and getting poor fps in cod4, he got newest drivers. I would think he couldmax everythig out with this card and get great frames. Just did a reformat and has SP1. All his temps are fine, quad in 40s, gpu in 50s. Max the onboard fan on gpu to 100% and currently running quad at 2.93.

Anyone got any ideas why? again he gets 60-80 fps but on some maps only 40-50s... this is stumping me lol.
 
32-bit or 64-bit XP or Vista? If 32-bit, remove 1 GB of RAM as the max is only 3 GBs. I had stability problems running 4 GBs in 32-bit XP. I usually have 80-90 fps in COD4 according to FRAPS. A buddy of mine with a better CPU gets 90-100 fps on average.

Also try using the latest drivers directly from NVIDIA instead of using the drivers from the manufacturer.

Regardless, some maps will make the fps go go down.
 
he got Vista 64. After seeing wa this card does, honestly Im pissed bout these new G90s. How would the 8800 GT 512 match up? In COD4, if he not getting 60+ FPS Id be pissed, thats just me tho...
 
60+ fps in CoD4 is good. Hell there are people playing Crysis and only getting like 20-30 fps.

I am still curious about 64-bit OSes. They say most 32-bit versions of software run fine on 64-bit OSes. CoD4 is 32-bit software. I would imagine it was designed more towards 32-bit drivers and OSes. Probably most new games and other software still in the works will be geared more towards 32-bit OSes since most Windows users use 32-bit XP Home, Pro, and MCE. And most new computers only come with 32-bit versions of Vista Home Basic and Home Premium along with that Anytime Upgrade so Microsoft makes more $.

Also, most games require twice as many resources to run as compared to XP. For example, Microsoft Flight Simulator X requires twice as much RAM to run on Vista as opposed to XP.

I do remember some people having issues with NVIDIA drivers and 64-bit Vista. I think some were still running older drivers instead of the latest ones for better performance.

Anyway, I get 80-90 fps in CoD4 which sometimes dips down into the 70s using the stuff in my signature.
 
Hmm, maybe going back to old drivers but hate to go back lol. He has the same card as u of course and ur pulling those frames? ya something aint right with something, weather its drivers, OS or somethign. Ill try something. Im pulling 90-200fps but thats bc wa i got in sig...thats why i get pissed not having 60+ :(

Thanks for your input!
 
Back
Top