9600 xt clocking...

zebrahead

n00b
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
46
what do you think would be a better idea (funny story behind how I got this. the fan on my PRO started to make a lot of noise, I fixed it by touching the fan so it would sit normally, but I decided to return it to futureshop anyhow. I walked out with an xt and the HL2 coupon for free :D) but anyway, I was wondering what is better to use. overdrive that came with my drivers (apparantly moniters temp and adjusts clock speed accordingly) or radclocker where I would set it myself.
 
I know you can hear me, im talkin to you!

but is this overdrive system better than using radclock preformance wise?
 
If you know what your doing use Rad, if not (or dont want to void your warrenty, pfff) use Overdrive.
 
the 9600pros don't overheat and burn up tobegin with even at high overclocks. SO why use overdrive?

simply overclock the card and burn the car din and determine your max speeds under full load.

9600's run cool anyways.

if you get aftermarket cooling there should be no worry of heat.
 
Where do you enable Overdrive, I mean, I've been searching for a while or am I just an idiot and cannot find it?
 
Back
Top