• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9500 Pro / Everquest 2: VPU recover errors constantly.

Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
57
I've had this setup for over a year. 9500 Pro, 512mb RAM PC2700, A7N8X-E, 2400+, 350w PS. I played EQ2 for about 4 months, and then skipped it for a few months. I updated ATI Drivers to the newest rev. . Something is happening now that never happened before. I'll be in the middel of the game and it will freeze, then recover, and I get the VPU recover error, asking if I want to send an email to ATI. The game never crashes, it just shrinks to a window, which I can resize to full screen with no problems. The only thing that has changed is the monitor, which WAS a 17", but now it a 21". This seems like a driver issue? Right? Since there are no artifacts or errors or lockups? WIll turning off VPU recover make this go away?
 
Turning off VPU recover will cause a crash or permanent freeze instead of short freezes. It's a driver related issue, downgrade to an older version and it'll be fine. Most people recommend 5.2 for EQ2.
 
Thanks. I've done some more looking around , and that seems to be the case, esp with the 5.6, 5.7 drivers. ATI must be getting flooded in emails on this issue.
 
Back
Top