Hello,
Im currently having trouble installing Windows XP Pro SP2...on my SATA(1) hard drive. now let me give you some history i currently have my IDE hard drive with windows installed on the computer and that installed just fine. and windows is great as far as all the IDE devices and even video and everything but when I try to install anything to the SATA hard drive or run a benchmark like SANDRA on it I either get a BSOD that says CHECK MACHINE EXCEPTION or a HARD LOCK UP. So I thought maybe it was my version of windows or something so I went ahead and attempted to just try to install Windows on the SATA hard drive. and It goes through the copying phase and it gets to different points before it just reboots. now ive tested my memory and everything I even switched sata cables and nothing seems to help. im over here pulling my hair out trying to figure this out and futhermore I even ran test on my WD hard drive with its DIAG tools and they come up fine and SMART also says its OK. also the hard drive is a WD 1600PD. help me please..oh and my BIOS is 1.50. [Confused]
Im currently having trouble installing Windows XP Pro SP2...on my SATA(1) hard drive. now let me give you some history i currently have my IDE hard drive with windows installed on the computer and that installed just fine. and windows is great as far as all the IDE devices and even video and everything but when I try to install anything to the SATA hard drive or run a benchmark like SANDRA on it I either get a BSOD that says CHECK MACHINE EXCEPTION or a HARD LOCK UP. So I thought maybe it was my version of windows or something so I went ahead and attempted to just try to install Windows on the SATA hard drive. and It goes through the copying phase and it gets to different points before it just reboots. now ive tested my memory and everything I even switched sata cables and nothing seems to help. im over here pulling my hair out trying to figure this out and futhermore I even ran test on my WD hard drive with its DIAG tools and they come up fine and SMART also says its OK. also the hard drive is a WD 1600PD. help me please..oh and my BIOS is 1.50. [Confused]