• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

939 uATX board

testocp

n00b
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
20
I am building a small machine for my wife and was wondering if there any solid uATX 939 boards out there? It's hard to find reviews for smaller boards. I am hoping to spend less than $60, would like on-board graphics that are compatible with Linux, and a decent warranty (2 year min.).

Thanks.
 
Biostar's site seems to imply there is only a one year warranty.

Well it's an open box item, so I don't think you're going to get any warranty beyond the 30-days.

For under $60 new, your choices are pretty much limited to a quality, open box board like the Biostar or Asus or...... a new ASRock.
 
there were a bunch of orange pcb foxconn boards based on 410 / 430 southbridge and 6100 / 6150 north bridge. They were in the $60 range and all had rebates as well.
 
there were a bunch of orange pcb foxconn boards based on 410 / 430 southbridge and 6100 / 6150 north bridge. They were in the $60 range and all had rebates as well.

I have something like that's on duty as my HTPC
it's an Asus A8N-VM CSM
Not sure if it's still available

Not absolutly sure about Linux, there must be a reason why I didn't go on with Myth-TV on that board, but I can't remember why
Perhaps the newer kernel can play nice with it?
 
Back
Top