939 Sempron gimme some info

rcf1987

2[H]4U
Basically an all around budget gaming CPU for around 100$ But I want to be able to do other stuff to such as watch and encode movies as well as other typical computer type things but mostly gaming. Also I want it to be 64bit if the Semprons come in 64bit flavor.

All of those things you want, are like not encouraged with a sempron. I have a Sempron box sitting infront of me and it clearly states "Best In-Clas Performance for Everyday Computing" meaning your normal crap, and by that I mean checking your E-mail, some Instant messaging, LIGHT gaming, watching the occasional movie. Basically shit your non-hardcore PC user parents do.

S939 Semprons Don't exsist, but S754 w/64-Bit do, and you can get a PCI-E motherboard that's S754.

yay, a 5% performance increase due to dual-channel RAM.

get a Socket 754 Sempron 64 and be happy. :p

Yeah, if you're on a budget, don't bother waiting for S939...

2.2ghz is plenty fast for anything you want to do.

And my CPU is like the worst overclocking Sempron I have ever seen....

My ram and mobo are holding my 2600+ sempron back, I can only get a 33% overclock out of it. (stupid Asus K8N with no CPU volt change)

Boltaction said:
My ram and mobo are holding my 2600+ sempron back, I can only get a 33% overclock out of it. (stupid Asus K8N with no CPU volt change)

You need a REAL motherboard :)

60% overclock....a full GHz on my 2800+ Rev. E
Not bad for 76 bucks. I could probably do better if I had the guts to run the Vcore higher than 1.65.

Back