939 Mobos to look for?

Smacknca

n00b
Basically wondering if you guys (and gals) have come across any interesting looking 939 boards in the pipe to keep an eye out for? Obviously reviews will set the tone for whats hot and whats not but I need at least something to look for.

So far I've only come across the Gigabyte Ga-K8NSNXP-939 and its looking pretty sweet to me.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8NSNXP-939.htm
photo_k8nsnxp_939_big.jpg

So anything else to keep an eye on? 939 stuff seems to be very far and few between and to make it tougher for the moment my only interest is in the nforce3-250 stuff (I want a change from via, though if reviews prove its the less of the two obviously I will give in).

that gigabyte board does look pretty nice. i have my eye on the DFI nF3 Ultra-D 939 board. I emailed DFI and they claim July for delivery to online retailers.

dfi-nf3-ultra-lan-party.jpg

I'm just stuck waiting for the stinking 939 nForce3 boards

I want it now, but I also want the x800XT, so i gotta wait for both

I really wanna get that dfi board...but with proc's prices as they are... I think i might have to settle with a 754. Oh well, not much performance difference anyways. Since pci express is going to be the new standard, i wish i could get a 754 with that, but whatever. I think that the market is all screwed up now.

Saddly I agree the market is a bit off kilter for the moment. Its hard to find justifications for the 939 line other than its new and wont be going away anytime soon. I am hoping that perhaps in two weeks when the new Intel stuff launches that things will settle into more standard orders with appropriate pricing. I have to say the current level of things has me 2nd guessing my choice to go A64 at the moment. Thats not to say I dont think the 754 stuff isn't great...I am just leery of picking up a new system at the end of its product cycle. Though I realize in the computer world thats a joke no matter what. :confused:

Asus has the A8V out now and the A8N is in the wings.

Does the Gigabyte and the DFI use the nForce3 250 or the nForce3 250GB?

Any ETA on the gigabyte board? I've seen none on pricewatch

Edit: Thought I had an Abit 939 pic.

Via seems to have constant growing pains. I refuse to buy another chipset of theirs after living through the kt133, kt133a, kt266, kt266a, 686B nightmare of theirs. The nf3 250 GB looks promising for 939s, just seems odd to have the chips on the shelves and no mobos. Kind of smells of bugs as well. Considering it took a while for the 754 board with the chipset to come out as well.

After reading some of the early reviews of the intel i925/i915 chips they look to be even more useless than anyone originally thought. So I would think the AMD demand would climb a bit with intel pushing everyone away. Hopefully we'll see some boards here soon.

Be very careful with DFI guys. We all know about the situation right now with the way most Inifinitys and LP boards are going.

It would Be really great if they would come out w/ the nf 250 chipset cuz nearly got the cash to buy a 3800+ and would love to use it ... because Iv'e heard to stay clear of via as well
Is it true that PCI Express wont be supported by the AMD any time soon that would really stink...

Well im Happy to report that the Asus Av8 with all of its bells and whistles is a very nice stable MOBO, i need to find the Beta Bios for it because it locks the AGP?PCI, other then that i have had my FX-53 chip upto 2720Mhz on stock air cooling. But i just leave it at 2.6 Ghz and 1.575 vlots, rubns all day and all night temps dont get above 112 Degress full load at those settings, One probel i had is the Mobo not setting up the Ram timings right. I put in some Corsair XMS and they worked fine, I put in Some Mushkin Dual Channel Cas 2/2/2/ ram and it didnt like it. I had to manuelly tweak the timings and up the Vdimm to 2.7 and the damn thing screams now.

you need a x800xt pe for that FX system. would love to see what the 3d03 scores were then.

Smacknca said:
Basically wondering if you guys (and gals) have come across any interesting looking 939 boards in the pipe to keep an eye out for? Obviously reviews will set the tone for whats hot and whats not but I need at least something to look for.

So anything else to keep an eye on? 939 stuff seems to be very far and few between and to make it tougher for the moment my only interest is in the nforce3-250 stuff (I want a change from via, though if reviews prove its the less of the two obviously I will give in).

The MSI 939 boards look pretty nice. I especially like the "look" of the K8N Gem board with the single chipset.

A link to most of the upcoming 939 boards is here. I've got to admit, many of the boards looks suck. I'm tired of the mustard yellow Asus / Abit boards. I want a black 939 board but so far the only one is DFI and I'm leery of them with all their problems.

qdemn7 said:
The MSI 939 boards look pretty nice. I especially like the "look" of the K8N Gem board with the single chipset.

A link to most of the upcoming 939 boards is here. I've got to admit, many of the boards looks suck. I'm tired of the mustard yellow Asus / Abit boards. I want a black 939 board but so far the only one is DFI and I'm leery of them with all their problems.

Ya that DFI one is awesome :D

one thing i noticed is that it has only one Dual Channel setup on that board, the Asus can run 4 sticks, while running 2 Dual channels

Marcdaddy said:
one thing i noticed is that it has only one Dual Channel setup on that board, the Asus can run 4 sticks, while running 2 Dual channels

Where did you see that? This is the stats from the gigabyte board:

Memory: 4 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets, support up to 4GB DRAM (Max.)(Note 1)
Supports Dual Channel DDR400/333/266 DIMM

I think your getting confused about something. Dual channel is one per CPU. On the Dual rigs you have a dual channel per chip, but on single only one. We only just got dual channel on the 939 chips, prior to that it was single channel but more cache on regualr A64s and Dual Channel on Opteron/FX (940).

Smacknca said:

So far I've only come across the Gigabyte Ga-K8NSNXP-939 and its looking pretty sweet to me.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8NSNXP-939.htm
photo_k8nsnxp_939_big.jpg

Just ordered this mobo today at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-254&depa=1

Looking forward to playing with my new toy!

Glad someone will finally have one to report back on. Twice now I've sat with my new rig sitting the my cart at Newegg but just not felt ready to order it. Returned the next day to see the mobo sold out.

I'm still waiting for my case from svc.com along with my heatsink and tornado. I'll post back when I have it all up and running.

Rob94hawk said:
I'm still waiting for my case from svc.com along with my heatsink and tornado. I'll post back when I have it all up and running.

awsome.
Ill be getting a FX-53 next week so I need a mobo LOL
Right now that gigabyte is in my sites as is the ABIT A8V or whatever its called LOL
those are the only two that ill look at for right now

The reviews on the Gigabyte board show a little performance lag behind the Asus mobo. So little that no one would notice. I got all this high end stuff cause my son and I want to do some really good gaming and what sold me on this board was the IEEE1394B so I can do some excellent video editing.

Regardless, I'm going from an old Intel BX mobo to the Gigabyte Ultra 939.

I can't complain one bit.

Back