• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

939 cpu water block suggestion?

radnads

n00b
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
49
I'm looking for a water block for my 3800+ on a MSI Neo4. I seems there is a limited
number of choices of water blocks for the 939. Two I have my eye on are the danger den copper TDX or RBX. Anyone know of a better water block for the 939? Price range is 90 dollars but might spend more. Also do you know which is better the TDX or the RBX. Thanks.
 
You know, the Swiftech has worked well for me. Their 6000 series blocks are universal, and you just change adapters as new CPUs come out. I know some of those other high end blocks look pretty, but these really work well.
 
radnads said:
Also do you know which is better the TDX or the RBX. Thanks.

Other than G4/5, best performing block available at this time per ProCooling review.
http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/alphacool_nexxxos_xp_waterbloc.php

Block is ~ $66 plus ~$27 shipping cost from Germany.
http://www.alphacool.de/perl/shop.p...menu_id=2&prod_id=120&art_kz=129&art_id=12910

My results with fans @ 7V
Load data after a 10 minute run of CPU Burn-in with error detection disabled.

IDLE\LOAD
Room Temperature (C) = 22\22
Radiator Air Intake Temperature (C) = 22\24
Block Water Input Temperature (C) =26\27
CPU Core Temperature (C) = 35\40
CPU Core Voltage (V) = 2.00\1.98
CPU Core Power (W) = 122\120
CPU Cooling System Thermal Resistance (C/W) = (tCPU-tWater)/W = 0.074\0.108
 
Thanks for the quick replies. I should have mentioned I already have a set up with 1/2 tubing. So I would hate to have to neck down to a swifttech. I think they are excellent for lower flow loops. And thanks for the reviews. It looks like the RBX is better. And I will check out the storm G4/G5. I had never heard of them till just now.
 
What pump are you using? If you have a relatively weak pump you would be best off with the swiftech 6000.

For stronger pumps you will see better performance from blocks like the TDX w/ #4/5 nozzle, Storm Waterblocks, or Dtek Whitewater.

The best waterblocks you could buy would be the storm waterblocks, however they are expensive and very hard to come by. I believe they are all sold out right now but Cathar might be taking orders for his next batch of G4, not sure if he will be running another batch of G5 blocks.

The Dtek Whitewater block is virtually the same design as Cathars original Whitewater which was a very good performing block. Dtek made a few changes to the design of their version of the whitewater to make it easier to produce, however it still has very good cooling characteristics.

The TDX is a nice performer, especially with the #4 or #5 nozzle, they are also a lot cheaper than the storm waterblocks, and imo look a lot nicer than them too.
 
I have a danger den D4 or maybe DD4 I will check when I get home. I leaning toward TDX now but I'm in no big hurry. Shopping for what to get is 1/4 the fun of buying something new.
 
Im in a very similar situation to you. I have been looking around for the best for a little while now. I want to make sure I get the best I can afford. I am currently leaning towards the TDX #5 atm.

Only problem here in the UK is that everything costs a good 50% more. So much I actually found that it would be cheaper to have some imported from America with a £45-50 deliver charge! :eek:

Mike
 
Back
Top