930B or 2005FPW

Which of the 2 do u prefer for gaming. They are pretty similar in price, only a 40 dollar difference.

my friend has the 930b and it looks pretty sweet. can't speak for gaming, but it's very nice from what I've seen.

ExcitedMoose said:
Which of the 2 do u prefer for gaming. They are pretty similar in price, only a 40 dollar difference.

Thats the same 2 monitors I had it narrowed down to. I chose the 2005 just for the wide format. I think its the future of gaming. Just look at the HDTV. Don't think you could go wrong with either though.

The 930B is a 6-bit (or 18-bit) color monitor. The 2005FPW is an 8-bit (or 24-bit) color monitor. If accurate color reproduction is important, get the 2005FPW, otherwise get the 930B. It's on sale at Best Buy for $350 after an $80 mail-in-rebate.

Edit: I'd get the 2005FPW for its superior color reproduction and wide aspect.

The main thing I am worried about on the 2005 is tearing and ghosting for playing games. The cnet review that I read said that they noteiced a good amount in there tests. Everything else about the monitor looks great, especially for $397.

I have the samsung 930b and I am very much excited and thrilled to own and be using it. I play a lot of Eq2 and I the graphics are amazing. I retired my old crt monitor sony multiscan for it and I am glad that I did.

I give it a 2 thumbs up.

ExcitedMoose said:
The main thing I am worried about on the 2005 is tearing and ghosting for playing games. The cnet review that I read said that they noteiced a good amount in there tests. Everything else about the monitor looks great, especially for $397.

I wouldn't trust a CNET review. The 2005fpw has some of the best GtG response times, period. The only thing that can match it are some of the smaller TN+ panels and aside from their respone times, they completely suck.

When I made my decision the 2005 was in the running for a while. I eventually ruled it out after reading through the pertinent threads here. There seemed to be too many returns involved in getting a good one. Also, I was unsure if I would end up with a graphics card that was powerful enough to support the 2005's native resolution. Oh, I don't like Dell either. :)

Eventually, I bought the 930b. The ability to buy, and possibly return locally was very important. I did return one that had a few dead/stuck pixels and some weird backlight bleeding, but the two monitors I ended up with are perfect.

Hope this helps...

Back