92mm ARGB Fan: Asking too much?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm just looking for a 92MM CPU fan that is ARGB.

I'd also consider a 92mm to 120mm fan adapter, but it needs to be at least an inch tall (the flatter ones have really poor air flow).

I was actually looking at some similar adapters recently. Do you have access to a 3D printer? There are some OK designs already on Thingieverse. I think I also saw a couple 3D printed adapters on eBay that someone made, but don't have the link handy. No idea on the fan itself, so I'm no help there.

I was actually looking at some similar adapters recently. Do you have access to a 3D printer? There are some OK designs already on Thingieverse. I think I also saw a couple 3D printed adapters on eBay that someone made, but don't have the link handy. No idea on the fan itself, so I'm no help there.
Naw, I don't. I was thinking about reverting my current AIO to air, but I need a 90mm fan for my ITX board and case. I wanted an ARGB 90mm fan or fan cover, but they don't exist. I wanted the Noctua low profile air cooler (top down) so I thought i could clear the ram with a 120 to 90mm adapter, and then use a fan LED accessory (like you see attached to the Noctua case fans the front and bottom). The only visual difference would be no top radiator (fans would remain the same), and then a 120mm ARGB fan cover on the adapter, but no 120mm fan. I'd just keep the 90mm fan on the top down low profile cooler. I think it would look pretty cool becasue the ARGB 120mm fan cover would shine down onto the 90mm fan, and look like a sort of vortex hole.

Attachments

• PXL_20210921_042455468.jpg
    PXL_20210921_042455468.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Doesn't Scythe make a Kaze Flex 92mm that's ARGB?
Edit: I guess its just regular RGB.
https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Kaze-...ld=1&keywords=90mm+fan&qid=1634454338&sr=8-29

I use a 120mm Kaze Flex RGB Slim fan in my build with surprisingly good results.

Edit: There's this one, but i guess its too thin for what you're looking for?
https://www.amazon.com/ID-COOLING-N...0ae44&pd_rd_wg=gaRkz&pd_rd_i=B08Z3MJBDY&psc=1
Woot! Nice finds. The fan that comes with the Noctua is a slim fan too, and others have tested the low profile cooler with the Noctua 30mm fan, and no difference in cooling.

The Scythe is RGB, but Scythe makes good fans. I could probably go either RGB or ARGB for the CPU fan, though. The benefit of using the 90mm fan w/o an adapter is that a 120mm fan will almost completely cover the ARGB RAM modules. It would look really clean with the Noctua slim 90mm radiator and either one of those fans.

Thanks for digging those up.

Noctua Low Profile Cooler

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back