neisius

Gawd
My g/f just bought a new system
2500+
a7n8x-x
512mb
9200SE 128mb
Windows 2000AS

I'm having alot of problems getting the 9200 to work at all. Once the drivers are installed it will not let me into windows2000AS 50% of the time, you type in the password and then it acts like it loading and then asks for the password again like nothing happened.
When I do get it into windows it says all of the programs that start with windows could not start because one piece of hardwear didn't start up right...or something like that.

I take out the 9200 and put it a PCI RagePro and it works fine. Don't even need to install a driver...Just can't play any 3D games with the POS!

ibuypower.com already sent us a new vidcard and it didn't fix it. Now they are sending us a new motherboard because they think its a bad AGP slot. Well see if that does it when it comes next week.

Can anyone shead some light on something I might be missing? I can't beleve one bad part makes 2000AS go to shit so fast.

have you tryed the basic things? installing mobo drivers, reinstalling windows etc.

Also make sure the card is completely in, sometimes if a card makes slight contact it can act up.

Originally posted by Wixard
have you tryed the basic things? installing mobo drivers, reinstalling windows etc.

Also make sure the card is completely in, sometimes if a card makes slight contact it can act up.
Yeh this is after reformating and installing windows 3 times. And I tried the mobo drivers on the CD and the newest from Nvidia and it acts the same.
My GF2 Ultra has lots of probs going completely in the AGP slot, so I am used to problems like that.

I have never had so much trobble getting a comp up and running :mad: :mad: :mad:

i have the same video card and dont have any problems, its most likely not liking your OS or motherboard, has to be one or the other, because it works perfectly fine with my Asus a7v600 although the vid card is a piece of shit performance wise

Yeh I was thinking 2000AS might be the problem...Lets see if my school will give me another legal free copy of XP pro :D

Ok, yeh, It was win2000's falt! win2000 sux! :mad: :mad: :mad:
installed XP and it ran so much better. I think win2000 is going into the trash.

my advice, get another card. The 9200 just plain sucks. And the SE makes it even worse. (SE = slow edition) Get something like a 9100 or 9600. Its not much more in terms of $$ but u'll get a lot more in performance.

Originally posted by MysticX23
my advice, get another card. The 9200 just plain sucks. And the SE makes it even worse. (SE = slow edition) Get something like a 9100 or 9600. Its not much more in terms of $$ but u'll get a lot more in performance.
It came with my g/f's new system and all she plays is GunBound :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MysticX23

The 9200 is a great video/light gaming card. It should run anything as long as you dont go apeshit with the detail sliders.

If I can still play my FPS games on my GF2 Ultra I think she can deal with having a 9200SE :D

Back