9200 SE artifacts.

jamestime88

[H]ard|Gawd
i purchased a Xtasy 9200 SE 128mb about 4 months ago for $100(needed a new card and was short on cash, i know it was stupid). anyways, ive gotten a bit more into gaming in the last 4 months and i would like to make my video card perform better. please keep your flames about my video card to yourself (we all were/are n00bs at one time or another)

so i tried to use powerstrip to tweak the speed of the memory clock and engine clock. the stock processor speed is 249.75mhz and the ram speed is 164.25mhz. i assume the speeds are supposed to be 250 and 166, dont feel like checking. anyways if i adjust the speed of either the clock or the engine even by 1mhz i get all sorts of artifacts (green pixels all over the screen) i dont know how the crap i am getting artifacts even if i lower the clock speed.

is there any way to tweak my video cards performance without getting these stupid artifacts? is something wrong with my video card or are these artifacts normal?
thanks for all the help.

when over clocked cards get artifacts, that's how it goes. Find the level at which your card can run without artifacts. you can't fix them unless you get better cooling and if I were you I'd chunk that pos card.

~Adam

I just was playing with a 64 meg version.
They are bios locked so cannnot be overclocked unless you use the Omega drivers. I pushed mine too far at one point and it gave me serious artifacts. I let it cool down and re-installed the drivers and it was fine.
stock is 200/166 and i had mine to 300/250 with no problems.

here is a link to my post :

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=714484

Originally posted by kirbster
I just was playing with a 64 meg version.
They are bios locked so cannnot be overclocked unless you use the Omega drivers. I pushed mine too far at one point and it gave me serious artifacts. I let it cool down and re-installed the drivers and it was fine.
stock is 200/166 and i had mine to 300/250 with no problems.

here is a link to my post :

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=714484
you said i need the omega drivers, where exactly could i get them? i dont have a pci video card for backup, is there any possibility that these drivers could mess up my video card?

have you installed any iverclocking ultilities?, because i had artifacts in my 9200 after installing powersrtip but i uninstalled it and it was fine, restart your computer an d installing any program for your videocard other then your drivers, then restart it again

are there any other good software overclocking programs besides powerstrip?

would changing the cooling of my video card effect me getting artifacts at minimal clock speed changes? i doubt it would, but who knows. im just looking for something fun to do/way to waste my money. is there any other way to hardware mod a video card to make it perform better? i just wanna use this card until the pci express cards come out and i can upgrade my system.

the powerstrip is the only program i know of that can overclock a 9200(its mostly lock thats why), i dont think that moding your cooling on your 9200 will help, because 9200s doesn't make that much heat, thats why there arent any fan on the heatsinks of 9200

Back