• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

915 to 945 worth it?

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 17, 2000
Messages
1,875
So I just bought a Pentium D 915 with an Asus P5VDC-X board. I'm just putting together a budget dual core system for myself. I was thinking though is the 945 worth the extra $40 over the 915? Right now I could use the $40 towards ram but if it means waiting so that I can grab a faster cpu I'd rather do that but not if I won't see any difference getting the 945. Thanks.
 
dave343 said:
So I just bought a Pentium D 915 with an Asus P5VDC-X board. I'm just putting together a budget dual core system for myself. I was thinking though is the 945 worth the extra $40 over the 915? Right now I could use the $40 towards ram but if it means waiting so that I can grab a faster cpu I'd rather do that but not if I won't see any difference getting the 945. Thanks.
This is your choice cos the ram is not that important whilst overclocking the pentium D because of the high multiplier it has, but that said you are right to invest in some ram cos the overclock will mean a difference of 400mhz between the two.

You should be able to overclock the 915 to 4ghz with ease, make sure you have a good HSF for that speed.
 
Back
Top