9100 to a XPS

MoFo

Quakecon Guy
I remember reading about a guy that changed a few of the shell parts to make his 9100 look like a XPS, anyone remember this?? If you do can you post the link... It was how and where he got the parts to do it.

I used the search and cant find anything :(

Thanx

I'm looking at an XPS the company I work for bought a couple years ago, and the only features that make it look different from a 9100 are the XPS Logo on the top left of the keyboard, and the LCD faceplate. You'd probably be better off trying to find these parts on ebay. Good luck.

There is a similar thread over at notebookforums.com as well. You might search over there for it.

Yeah, the XPS Gen 1 has very little difference from the 9100. Just the plastics is different. eBay's your best bet for Dell parts. I had a customer last week wanting me to fix an 8100 out of warranty and I snagged a mobo with CPU, Video card, DC Power board, and 256MB of RAM for $160. Another customer wanted her dimension 8200 repaired and I found a new board for it for $59. I've bought a bunch of repair parts for my i8200 off eBay as well. Just look for the folks with high positive feedback and also test their parts.

Back