90 degree elbows okay?

Ravynmagi

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a tight spot in my case where the radiator hoses are running right against the back of my DVD drive. It's fine for the moment. However I want to replace my DVD drive with a Bluray drive and that is 1 inch longer, so I want to do something about the hoses to make room.

Installing two 90 degree elbow joints would solve the problem. But I was concerned if such as sharp 90 degree elbow would adversely affect the water flow or not.

I'm using...
Swiftech 3x120mm radiator
Swiftech 1x120mm radiator
Swiftech Apogee GTZ on Q9550 (4.0GHz)
Koolance 4870X2 water block
Swiftech 655 pump
Swiftech micro-res

it should not be an issue..... there will be a slight restriction in flow rate but that will amount to squat.....

i have several 90 elbows and its really not an issue.... have fun.....

I got a tight spot in my case where the radiator hoses are running right against the back of my DVD drive. It's fine for the moment. However I want to replace my DVD drive with a Bluray drive and that is 1 inch longer, so I want to do something about the hoses to make room.

What if you changed the position of the radiator so that the hose inlet and outlets were towards the rear of the case, instead of towards the front? I'm assuming here that you have a radiator mounted on the top of the case? Right? :confused:

What if you changed the position of the radiator so that the hose inlet and outlets were towards the rear of the case, instead of towards the front? I'm assuming here that you have a radiator mounted on the top of the case? Right? :confused:

I'm thinking top mounted rad as well. I ran a top mounted for a while and had to use one 90 at the back for the inlet tube, but didn't need one from the outlet to the cpu block. I'd prefer having the vario version of that pump as it isn't specified, but you'll be fine either way.

The 3x120mm radiator is installed on top. And I have a 1x120mm radiator installed in back and that radiator would block the top radiator outlets if I reversed it.

Back