90 degree adapter

Neat, EVGA does something like this for video cards. This 24 pin thing is $31 though. That's way too much. I think I paid $10 for the PCIe one from EVGA.
https://www.provantage.com/cooler-master-cma-cemb01xxbk1-gl~7COOL0VW.htm

I really just wish we could start getting cables like this

4-8.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think they should be made like that from the factory. This issue and the so-called standard has been around long enough. This changed should have happened over a decade ago. Same can be said for the USB 3.0 header. RIGHT ANGLE Adapters people it isn't that hard to do. But let's save that dollar because we need it and make the end user suffer.

Right angle connectors don't work on all boards. Not all the sockets are directly around the edge... My USB3 connector, for example, would be obstructed by some of my SATA ports.

There might be a few that it will not work for. That is going to be a given. They can include some adapters to go back to bring it straight up for you. I try to choose boards that the layouts are nice. Sounds like you have an ITX board maybe? If that is the case they are the Devils playground. But I like a challenge it is a good thing.

Right angle connectors don't work on all boards. Not all the sockets are directly around the edge... My USB3 connector, for example, would be obstructed by some of my SATA ports.

Back