9.12's

wow, go go ATI/AMD.

clicking on the vista/7 hotfix links you :
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/920...t_9.12_Hotfix_Win7_Vista_8.682.2RC1_Dec15.exe
which is a dead link... / file not found...

GG

Fuck.

It did say coming later today for the hotfix when they originally posted the WHQLs. So its possible they are not uploaded yet.

Excerpt from WHQL release notes -
ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix driver

We’ve also made the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix driver available (a little later) today as well – there were some last minute fixes, plus a few more features we wanted to get out there as soon as we could!!

Grab it now at: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...912Hotfix.aspx

Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release include:

Did anyone else notice that the hotfix dnottis posted is supposed to enable CrossfireX in Eyefinity setups? Can anyone confirm that it works?

Edit: Didn't notice that the link was dead. We'll see when it actually is posted.

SWEET - That hotfix will fix my issues with PowerDVD and bitstreaming Dolby-HD. This is great.

So the hotfix was released to the public a day before the original 9.12? Assuming the hotfix is a whole new driver package, why even advertise 9.12 on AMD website? why not just put the hotfix on there?

Can anyone give me a WORKING link to the hotfix?

Last edited:
When I try to go back a folder to see if the hotfix file name was wrong I get redirected here: support.amd.com/us/403/Pages/leech.aspx

Heh, I wonder if AMD/ATI have a problem with people "leeching" files from their 1337 servers or something... :D

The last hotfix was a full driver package. Don't know about this one, but I assuming they would do the same thing.

Still need a link for this hotfix.. and why doesn't AMD just put the 9.12 hotfix on their website rather than the normal 9.12?

Any one know when tha fuck they will release something for Mobile solution? The last one is 9.7

Hotfix driver is a full driver installation.

The reason for it is that it didn't pass WHQL certification as there were fixes added after 9.12 came back for WHQL certification. ATI only releases WHQL drivers, all betas are hotfixes with ATI. All those fixes will be in Cats 10.1 but this is a nice way for ATI to get us these fixes now instead of waiting for 10.1. I'm not complaining - well except for a dead link.

I'm confused.

I just downloaded the main 9.12's listed on their site. So these do not have all updates?

They just have just waited until they could include the hotfix in 9.12 or 9.13.
I mean, releasing two different versions the same day is really confusing.

2. Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations

§ The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 Hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional graphics cards for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups.
'

Time to get another HD5850 :D

My screen went black during install and the computer eventually rebooted itself. The new drivers did install and everything seems to be working fine. I'll play some more games to double check. That install was just scary stupid!

Installed 9.12s - No manual fan control

Installed 9.12 Hotfix - No manual fan control

All I wanted from this driver was the ability to control my fan so I could get to overclocking this card. So basically I have to flash the BIOS with a Sapphire one in order to get manual fan control on a $799 card. I'm a little annoyed to say the least.

So the hotfix was released to the public a day before the original 9.12? Assuming the hotfix is a whole new driver package, why even advertise 9.12 on AMD website? why not just put the hotfix on there?

Can anyone give me a WORKING link to the hotfix?

Hotfix is not WHQL'd, for business purposes they need a fully WHQL'd driver to post, hence an official Cat 9.12 WHQL version, think of the "Hotfix" as a "Beta" driver

ugh what a mess, i downloaded the normal 9.12 but by the time it was done the hotfix was out which is a package twice the size as the regular driver, i guess its both x86 and x64

Anyway deleted the 9.12 and installed the 9.12 hotfix, my Sapphire 5970 no longer has a controllable fan through MSI's afterburner which was fine before...but I can still control it through CCC as normal, I suppose thats a bug with MSIs afterburner rather than anything else, at least my clocks have stuck...will do more testing on the weekend.

The notes mention eyefinity with CrossfireX, isn't CrossfireX essentially quad GPU, or specific to 2x2 GPU configurations like 2x 5970 or 2x 4870x2 for example?

Single 5850 here, and don't run Vantage, should I get these?

ETA: I find that the ATI drivers must be installed and removed via command line when there is a NV card in the system. This requires a total of 4 reboots on w7 x64 for me:

1) boot into safe mode run ATISetup uninstall via command line, display adapter is removed via command line, display stops responding, hard reset
2) boot into safe mode, rerun ATIsetup uninstall via command line, reboot
3) boot into safe mode, run atisetup install via command line for new drivers, reboot again

Last edited:
Ok kiddos... I'm confused...

I just installed and it's still showing up as 9.11.

I can't be that drunk yet, right?

Back