• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

9.1 Crossfire Problems on LGA775

rennyf77

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
2,865
i got one of my 4870x2 cards last week back from rma and threw both of them into my x58 build to test. crossfire enabled without issue but apparently the 850w toughpower psu wasn't up to the task of driving both cards. that is not my primary issue though. this week i tossed them into my x38 cf rig but upon installation of the 9.1 drivers i get an a code 43 error and a vista message pops up, 'windows has disabled an incompatible display adapter.' i uninstalled the previous drivers, ran driver sweeper in safe mode, and installed the new drivers. i even tried uninstalling microsoft visual c++. there are a few things i'm going to try until i before i wipe the vista installation, but i was wondering if anyone in the community has experienced this.
 
Hey guys,
I've had this same problem ever since cats 8.12 and I was able to make it work only using one method cause no matter what else I tried I would always get that error.

First Install previous drivers that work for you (in my case I had 8.11) then go to amd website and download 9.1 driver only not the whole package, install just the driver over your current don not uninstall anything just install over your old driver leaving your old CCC there and it should work. hope this helps as it did for me.

I did also download http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067 but try without it first
 
Hey guys,
I've had this same problem ever since cats 8.12 and I was able to make it work only using one method cause no matter what else I tried I would always get that error.

First Install previous drivers that work for you (in my case I had 8.11) then go to amd website and download 9.1 driver only not the whole package, install just the driver over your current don not uninstall anything just install over your old driver leaving your old CCC there and it should work. hope this helps as it did for me.

I did also download http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067 but try without it first


I just tried that but still didnt work. I dont know about the Microsoft codes you have listed.
I have had this problem since I installed the 4870 X2.
I only have 4GB Ram. The latest drivers that work for me are 8.11.

If you look on the ATI forums you will see that a lot of people are having the same problem.
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=107804&enterthread=y

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=107832&enterthread=y
 
before I installed the driver I did grab the latest code from that link I had to get the English and x64 one. Get it and see if that will help with the installation. My install was also set to express not custom. Before this worked everytime after I had installed the drivers at the end it will complete the install but with an error well doing it this way I did not get an error at the end and now I have 9.1's and both adaptor displays :)
 
before I installed the driver I did grab the latest code from that link I had to get the English and x64 one. Get it and see if that will help with the installation. My install was also set to express not custom. Before this worked everytime after I had installed the drivers at the end it will complete the install but with an error well doing it this way I did not get an error at the end and now I have 9.1's and both adaptor displays :)

I tried it but didnt work same problem.
 

Those threads seem to pertain to those with greater than 4GB or issues regarding standby and hibernate.

In my case, I have exactly 4GB of RAM and ever since the update to 9.11, I get "crash to desktop" in several of my games including Psychonauts and Saints Row 2. Bioshock seemed to remain stable so I guess not all games were affected. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next release (seems after every major update, something significant breaks. I remember when 8.x first came out and how I had missing textures gallore in "Alone in the Dark" until that was patched up. I guess the same goes for this release.
 
Sorry it does not work for you guys, just thought I would share what worked for me and I has these same exact problems just like you guys.
 
Those threads seem to pertain to those with greater than 4GB or issues regarding standby and hibernate.

In my case, I have exactly 4GB of RAM and ever since the update to 9.11, I get "crash to desktop" in several of my games including Psychonauts and Saints Row 2. Bioshock seemed to remain stable so I guess not all games were affected. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next release (seems after every major update, something significant breaks. I remember when 8.x first came out and how I had missing textures gallore in "Alone in the Dark" until that was patched up. I guess the same goes for this release.


I just have 4GB RAM too but apparently there has been some confusion about who is affected by this problem.
 
Back
Top