9.04 Ubuntu Linux and a Penguin! (16gb)

It looks like to use it, one would have to yank the penguin's upper body off and ram the rest of it into a USB port, like in the picture of it sticking out of the laptop. :p

Ubuntu = free to download

16Gb USB = less than $30 at NewEgg LINK

So, an additional $11+ for a penguin suit? no thanks, lol.

I still can't believe World Wildlife Fed. beat the World Wrestling Fed. for WWF, World Wrestling Federation has been around way longer (long case too). Ugly Penguin to boot.

There is just something wrong about paying for a Linux distro. At least the proceeds go to a good cause supposedly.

RangerXML said:
Ugly Penguin to boot.

It's not even a real Linux penguin.

It's an emperor penguin.

pen_bigone.jpg

Whereas tux is not a real penguin.

334px-Tux.svg.png

From the first picture it looks like this USB drive was made to look like the real thing. Funny people calling it ugly :)

Have you ever seen something poorly done? It's not a knock at what they were aiming for (the World Wildlife Fund gives a big clue), it's that the drive looks like an ugly 50 cent keychain picked up from a dollar store.

It's not "wrong penguin" ugly; it's the regular kind of ugly. If it were priced based on that it could be a deal. :p

pxc said:
Have you ever seen something poorly done? It's not a knock at what they were aiming for (the World Wildlife Fund gives a big clue), it's that the drive looks like an ugly 50 cent keychain picked up from a dollar store.

Looks okay to me - and I see nothing wrong with it.

But then again I was expecting a plastic model of a penguin - not something that could be in a museum display. With the cost of the drive, profit, and money going to the WWF do you really expect to see feathers on this thing?

Back