As probably some of you remember, I've had this idea to make a steam machine like case with ATX.
I did drop the idea and I'm making the ITX one, but while researching random stuff lately I thought of something like shown in screens below.


This thing has volume of 7.5L but there's few problems to be solved:
1) The case will have its original rear IO as side-panel and it will require using internal USB/HD Audio connectors to create custom rear panel
2) PSU is too close motherboard power connector and extended ITX VGA are mostly taller than standard cards so it might need some additional space.
3) PCI-E riser needs to be the longer 24cm one and has to be twisted
4) It looks like power button can only be placed above motherboard IO
5) Cards with DVI connectors on the PCB edge will obstruct connectors on the motherboard corner.
Note that sata connectors are unobstructed below the card
The thing is If you use only wifi and your card is on USB or you can move the antennae connectors as you wish, then you're all okay with using only USB on the back of the case. Original IO could be cofvred by sliding shroud for example. Theoretically it is possible to make 8L case (395x310x65.5mm) like this with awesome steam machine style looks.
Anyone up for the task here ?
I did drop the idea and I'm making the ITX one, but while researching random stuff lately I thought of something like shown in screens below.


This thing has volume of 7.5L but there's few problems to be solved:
1) The case will have its original rear IO as side-panel and it will require using internal USB/HD Audio connectors to create custom rear panel
2) PSU is too close motherboard power connector and extended ITX VGA are mostly taller than standard cards so it might need some additional space.
3) PCI-E riser needs to be the longer 24cm one and has to be twisted
4) It looks like power button can only be placed above motherboard IO
5) Cards with DVI connectors on the PCB edge will obstruct connectors on the motherboard corner.
Note that sata connectors are unobstructed below the card
The thing is If you use only wifi and your card is on USB or you can move the antennae connectors as you wish, then you're all okay with using only USB on the back of the case. Original IO could be cofvred by sliding shroud for example. Theoretically it is possible to make 8L case (395x310x65.5mm) like this with awesome steam machine style looks.
Anyone up for the task here ?