8gb G.skill 1333 ddr3 & 4gb flash drive $44.99 - shellshocker 3PM PST

man this is cheap! If I can get some 1866 on sale I will scoop that up!

Damn. Gonna have to get my friend to pick this up for his new build.

Currently, this is showing a free 4 GB USB flash drive coming with it, not sure if it will still be offered when this goes up at this price though. As for the difference asked above, looks like just the heat spreaders being the difference, the specs on their site seem the same.

Wonder what's the difference between this set and the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL...
From the Model # there's only the XL and RL at the ends that are different..

I have the RL (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311)
In my system now I wonder if these 2 sets would play nice since I don't OC my ram.

Supposedly the XL's have been tested for compatibility with SandyBridge CPUs and the pre-SB (RLs) have not. I have 16GB of RL's in my 2600k box.

How do you know the prices before hand? I used to get that info and no longer do...

Thanks for the heads up. I read this thread at 2:51pm (PDT). I already (by coincidence) had the G.Skill 2x4GB sticks (the non-heatsink ones) in the cart and was checking out ($59). You just saved me $16.

Don't forget the BTEKCJB25 coupon code for an extra 10% off (if you received the customer loyalty bonus coupons from newegg).

Can someone confirm that this RAM will work with this this MB

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ordered one
might order even more!
24gb in main x58
16gb in secondary P67

hmmm maybe i might build a pc later on...need some for then...!

Will this work in a DDR3 P45 Socket 775 board?

it's already dead, but I don't see why not, hell I'm thinking of junking my ddr2 775 setup and finding a ddr3 775 board, but damnit if I can find exactly 1 on newegg that has 4 ram slots.

Don't forget the BTEKCJB25 coupon code for an extra 10% off (if you received the customer loyalty bonus coupons from newegg).

Was there any confirmation on this working? I tried to get CS to apply the coupon after and they say it wasn't valid for this item because it was a shell shocker deal and came with a free gift :confused:

Oh well, still a sweet deal, I'm just not going to use that coupon otherwise.

Was there any confirmation on this working? I tried to get CS to apply the coupon after and they say it wasn't valid for this item because it was a shell shocker deal and came with a free gift :confused:

It worked for me ($81 shipped for 16GB instead of $90). The coupon code will only work for you if newegg sent you an email with the coupon in it. Sorry you couldn't get it to work.

You can't use codes on items with free gifts unless you add another item. I added a pair of cheap earbuds and used the 10$ code and it worked then. 40.98 shipped :D

It worked for me ($81 shipped for 16GB instead of $90). The coupon code will only work for you if newegg sent you an email with the coupon in it. Sorry you couldn't get it to work.

I had the coupon code sent to me, but they were being lame about it.

Oh well, not going to complain too much because it's already a pretty ridiculous deal.

I still have a newegg invoice where I paid $254 for 2x1GB of DDR2 667 for my Athlon X2... :eek: and that was a good deal (at the time)

Back in like 2006... I don't remember why... maybe timings/brand or whatever but it was what I ended up buying...

This was when DDR2 just came out... I remember seeing ridiculous prices when DDR3 just came out and they were wanting $300+ for 2GB...

I still have a newegg invoice where I paid $254 for 2x1GB of DDR2 667 for my Athlon X2... :eek: and that was a good deal (at the time)

Yeah, I remember those days. I paid about $385 from newegg for 1GB of OCZ PC3700EB back in 2004 which let me run my Socket 754 Clawhammer at 260+ FSB. Still going strong after all these years as a matter of fact.

I'm hoping ram prices go up. I bit on this deal, but I may not keep the ram. I might sell it if prices go up in the next month or two.

Back