8GB 1600 Sandy Bridge memory $29.99 newegg

Yup, I cringed when I got the tracking email and saw that they are used DHL. It's hard to imagine that it is actually cost effective for them to take it everywhere other than my location for a week (I've seen them drive it 600 miles north of my location only to bring it back several days later) and then pass it on to USPS to actually deliver.

Yeah, mine shipped from a warehouse about 10 minutes from me so it will be interesting to see when it gets to me and what, if anything, the tracking report will reveal about where it went.

Yeah, mine shipped from a warehouse about 10 minutes from me so it will be interesting to see when it gets to me and what, if anything, the tracking report will reveal about where it went.

You poor SOB. If they used DHL you are going to watch it move all around your state, then to the next state over, then back to your state, past your city, then back to your city. It will then be handed off to USPS, sit around for a couple days, then finally be delivered. The entire time you will be shouting about how you could have just driven over there and picked it up. The sad thing is that I probably underestimated how many steps will be in the process.

Yeah, this is actually the first time I think I've had the pleasure of a DHL-USPS hybrid ship from Newegg. Luckily this memory isn't time sensitive (rest of build isn't ready yet) so for once I can refrain from checking tracking every two hours. :)

It's unreal how cheap memory is nowadays!

16GB for for $60 WTF

This. I'm tempted to max out my Core i7 build.

24GB for only $90. Yikes! If only SSD prices were that low.

EDIT: Ordered. Too good of a deal to pass up. Guess my brother can have all my old RAM :D.

Last edited:
This. I'm tempted to max out my Core i7 build.

24GB for only $90. Yikes! If only SSD prices were that low.

EDIT: Ordered. Too good of a deal to pass up. Guess my brother can have all my old RAM :D.

I told my friend to do exactly this. He was running 6GB and is now running 24GB. At these prices, you'd be silly not to.

im still debating spending the 30$ for 16gb instead of saving them and using 8 for gaming only will i notice any diff?

I bought 8 gigs then was like fuck, ddr3 isn't going anywhere, might as well future proof to 16 gigs.

I don't see this brought up much so a word of advise for windows SSD users. Gobs of RAM is great for the price it's currently going for. But watch for windows pagefile expansion! I recently upgraded to 16GB... windows wanted a pagefile of matching size on my SSD RAID0 boot drive. Not a huge issue for me, I moved my pagefile to another SSD anyway. But if you are booting from a smaller SSD space could become an issue.

My2c.

My understanding is that populating all ram slots isn't really a problem anymore like it was on say lga775.

What problems are those? I've had all 4 slots filled for nearly 4 years now. Overclocked the entire time too.

Swore I was done buying things I don't need "yet" ... but there is always an exception :) I have been avoiding this deal but this is just too cheap to pass up. In for one.

will these run on a EVGA X58 i7 motherboard?

Bought two kits for my X58A-UD3R and running 12gb no problem. Have an extra stick left over that way, but I'd rather do that so I'll have the extra stick when going to either SB or IB.

Back