Isnt it the AMR Refrence mobo?

Looks cool (in both senses, since it looks like passive cooling on the chip)

Now if they could make is so that you don't need special "SLI-type" cards, and that you could use any 2 of the newer ATI generation of cards together without the "SLI type" bridge, that would be awesome!

Looks like Nvidia might get some competition soon. Which will be very good for us, the consumers, as prices will probably drop a bit.

I'd like to know what brand of caps they are using on those mainboard, the ones on board look like Nichicon HM's...they've been showing up puking and bulging all over..which is too bad, Nichicon usually makes a good product.

I know Sapphire’s GROUPER board shown at CEBIT uses those caps...

When will the board manufacturers learn...better to use quality components then to deal with all the RMA's...

grouper pic:
http://www.clubic.com/t/screenshot121448.html

Caps look similar.

MD

mashie said:
The RD480 mobo on the frontpage is sexy.

Pleanty of PCIe interfaces

2 x PCIe 16x
2 x PCIe 4x
1 x PCIe 1x

Now if all of them are electrically connected then the chipset will support at least 41 PCIe lanes :eek:

On a second thought, the two black far side connectors looks wrong for being PCIe 4x, hmm half lenght PCI? :confused: :confused:

They look a bit too "tall" to be PCI-E slots. I'm betting that they are AMR slots, like a previous poster mentioned. I'd also guess that the PCI-E 16x slots revert to 8x when 2 cards are installed. I hope I'm wrong, since ATI passes all their data in a dual card setup across the PCI-E bus, while Nvidia uses the bridge. I read an article the other day that surmised that an 8x PCI-E may not be able to handle the data required for the ATI "SLI" setup.

Back